New NYSHEX Member Council Appointees Announced for 2019
We are delighted to introduce the 2019 NYSHEX Member Council. The Member Council is designed to consist of leaders from the shipping industry – three BCOs, three NVOCCs, and three carrier representatives. The role of the Member Council is to propose recommendations or updates to NYSHEX operations, processes, and technology – acting as the voice of all current and future members to ensure the exchange remains a collaborative solution for all in the industry.
In October, all of our existing members were asked to vote for who would represent them on the Member Council in 2019. The votes were counted by the NYSHEX Head of Compliance and the new shipper (BCO and NVOCC) appointees are now in place with effective date of Dec 1, 2018. The 2019 BCO and NVOCC council members are:
- Glenn Berger, Vice President, Global Transportation at Restoration Hardware, Inc.
- Christy Marron, Freight Coordinator at Prairie Creek Grain
- Mike Henderson, Senior Merchandiser, International Feed
- Arnold Lee, CEO, Hecny Group
- Jan Hinz, Head of FCL Americas, Damco
- Nerijus Poskus, VP and Global Head of Ocean Freight, Flexport
- The new Ocean Carrier council members will be announced in the new year.
On behalf of all our members, we want to sincerely thank those who served on our Member Council over the last year! (Read more about our Member Council here.)
Thank you to all of those who voted for appointments to the NYSHEX Member Council. We look forward to working with the Council to ensure that we at NYSHEX provide the best experience to all of our Members!