A New Realm for Container Shipping Industry Collaboration
Today we announced the appointment of new members to our board of directors and the launch of our governing NYSHEX Member Council. This announcement follows the Federal Maritime Commission’s (FMC) December 2, 2017 approval of our governance model which enables us to maintain a fair, transparent and compliant process of ensuring the interests of our members.
With this we add four industry representatives to the NYSHEX board of directors, two seats filled by shipper members (BCOs or NVOCCs) and two by carrier members. The NYSHEX board consists of nine directors who are overall responsible for the oversight of the exchange. The four industry representatives who join the NYSHEX board of directors are:
- Bjorn Jensen, VP Global Logistics for Electrolux
- Jochen Gutschmidt, Head of Global Procurement at Nestlé
- Nick Fafoutis, SVP of Sales and CCO of CMA CGM America
- Donald Davis, SVP of Sales and Customer Service for Hapag-Lloyd in North America
You can view the NYSHEX board here.
The board is supported by the NYSHEX Member Council whose role is to propose recommendations or changes to NYSHEX operations, processes, and technology. The NYSHEX Member Council is designed to consist of leaders from the shipping industry – three BCOs, three NVOCCs, and three Carrier representatives. The shipping industry representatives who will join the NYSHEX Member Council are:
- Mark Chadwick, Executive Sourcing Leader, GE
- Glenn Berger, VP Global Transportation, Restoration Hardware
- April Zobel, Export Traffic Manager, Lansing Trade Group
- David Newton, CCO, Damco USA
- Nerijus Poskus, VP Global Head of Ocean Freight, Flexport
- Arnold Lee, CEO of Hecny Group
- Peter Hildebrandt, VP Revenue Management and Optimization, Maersk Line
- Howard Finkel, EVP, COSCO Container Lines
- The remaining seat will be filled in due course.
To ensure the industry and exchange members are impartially represented the industry board members and the member council representatives will rotate on a yearly basis.